Erin Condren Life Planner

Over the last year I have tried various ways to capture life moments on paper. In 2014, I started art journaling weekly but this became overwhelming and after 6 months I stopped doing it. Then I tried single sentence journaling on my phone as an attempt at the happiness project and this was fine for a few months but then once again it slowly fizzled and I eventually stopped doing it. Finally, last month I discovered calendar journaling and this worked out great. I was able to use my creativity and designed my own pages for the month of June - and as a bonus I was able to use some of the die cuts, stickers and stencils that I have collected over the years that were just sitting in storage. 

So while searching for inspiration for my calendar design for the month of July, I stumbled across a lot of weekly calendar layouts that had this vertical blocked design. After some searching I was led to Erin Condren's life planner and after looking around the site and debating with myself on whether or not to buy a life planner for a few days, I finally decided to place an order...


I ordered the above personalized butterfly wing cover in orchid as well as the personalized adventure begins carry all clutch. Not pictured is the package of coil clips and classic sticker book ordered as well as other goodies included in the little purple box that I didn't order but were freebies from the company.

Now I have no intention of using this life planner as a "planner" since my phone has served me well with reminding me of appointments, birthdays and bill due dates. My intention for this planner is to have a type of art/ calendar/ journal/ smashbook/ scrapbook type of concoction with the monthly and  weekly calendar already laid out for me instead of having to come up with a layout myself and then having to fill in all the details. With this planner one step has already been done for me which makes things so much easier.  Since I ordered the life planner towards the end of June and had some personalizations, I was informed that my order wouldn't ship out until around July 9th. So me being the person that I am, I decided to go ahead and make rough drafts of the layout of the planner in order to get myself acclimated to writing in it on a daily basis. After doing this for two weeks it kind of became second nature. Journaling has actually become fun and not so much of a chore. We'll have to see how long I can stick with this "planner" but so far so good. 

If you have had a similar experience with trying to journal please feel free to share your thoughts on what has worked best for you or are you still trying to figure things out like me? Also, if you are interested in getting an Erin Condren life planner of your own, sign up for a free account using this link: Erin Condren life planner and receive $10.

Until next time, let inspiration find you.