Project Idea: Rhinestone Ampersat

Whilst sprucing up my master bedroom, I decided that I needed some personal art. I'd envisioned something sparkly since I was changing the theme of the room from rustic to romantic, but I just didn't know how to make this vision a reality. Then I had this bright idea to make the piece using clear rhinestones, thus the piece you see below was born. If you would like to know how it was I created, just continue reading. 


MATERIALS


Canvas or canvas panel, spray paint of your choosing, image for transfer, pencil, embossing/ tracing tool, round clear rhinestones of various sizes and E6000 glue 


STEPS


1) Spray paint the canvas or canvas panel a color of your choosing and let dry. I used a brushed metallic nickel color. 

2) Take image for transfer, position on canvas (centered, diagonal, or however you prefer) and transfer onto canvas. Click here for complete steps on how to pencil transfer an image


3) Fill in the image with the clear rhinestones using the E6000 glue to hold in place. Just a dab will do you when adhering the rhinestones.


And there you have it, your own personalized rhinestone art piece. It took some time and a lot of patients but I absolutely love the end result. 

 Until next time, let inspiration find you!