How to Make Corrugated Letters

I was in the process of making this typography art piece for my bedroom and the way that I originally was going to make my letters just did not work out. Fortunate for me, after searching the internet for stickers, I came across these corrugated alphabet die cuts at Hobby Lobby and the lightbulb immediately went off. I had to have these letters! Now one package of these letters cost $3.99 and you only got 26 letters per package. For my project, I needed at least three of some letters so that meant that I would have to buy at least three packages. Being that I was on a budget and really did not want to spend $12 for a bunch of letters that I would not have a use for outside of the ones I needed, I decided to make my own. If you would like to know how I made the corrugated letters below, just continue reading.


Materials used: corrugated cardboard, pencil, scissors and tweezers

STEPS

*Please excuse the lighting in the above photo. Images were taken at night.


Step 1: Take your piece of corrugated cardboard and lay it out on a flat source.

Step 2: Sketch, trace or draw your letter(s) on the cardboard.

Step 3: Cut the letters out with your scissors.

Step 4: Using your tweezers remove the top paper layer from the cardboard revealing the corrugated part of the cardboard that is underneath.


There you have it a simple and cheap way to make corrugated letters.
Until next time, let inspiration find you!